Diving industry in Cozumel - Boat hire and fill stations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
BabaGanush
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hi - I am a diving professional in Cozumel. I was thinking about starting my own dive center and I was thinking about the costs of a start-up small operation.
I know that all the tanks in Cozumel are being filled by fill stations. If there are anyone who knows, can you tell me how much dive centers pay per fill?
Do the dive center own the tanks being filled or do they belong to the fill station?
Who is responsible for the tanks maintenance (VI, Hydro) - The dive center or fill station?

Another subject I hoped someone would know, is how much would it cost to hire a diving boat? Is it usually per person or on a daily/ weekly/ monthly cost?
Obviously the size of the boat makes a difference - Let say a small - medium boat (6-10 divers) for a double tank day. This is obviously from a dive center side and not as just a private tourist looking for a day charter.

I really appreciate all the info you can give me.

Safe bubbles

You are a diving professional in Coz and don't know what a tank of air costs? Go talk to Meridiano.

• Funny
Reactions: JFS
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom