diving info??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gcannon_511

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Hello all
I'm a divemaster with a shop in New Smyrna beach and I was wondering when is the best time (vis & temps) to bring a group over to do some shark tooth hunting?? :confused: We have quite abit of intrest in this so I'm thinking we will do a boat trip to the boneyard and maybe a couple beach dives the next day. also what charter boat would be the best to suit my needs?? I thank you greatly for any info. :coffee:

May through September is best....keep an eye on wind direction. Long periods of east winds mean good viz and west winds muck up the viz. May generally has the best viz and the water hasn't gotten hot enough for the phytoplankton to start blooming. As far as charters go, there are several good ones but the acknowledged best is Florida West/Megladon charters. They have many years experience putting divers on teeth and put their customers first. If possible book early, they do fill up when the weather improves.

Try Capt. Jamie on the Aristakat. Here is a link for his charters. Been out with him a few times and have never been disappointed. You can also look him up on the board by his name "Aristakat"

http://aristakatcharters.yolasite.com/

Let me know when your going to be in the area and drop me a PM if you needing some more info. Can help you with booking your motel to the charter. Always love to teach people how and where to find shark teeth and fossils. I also do landsite,river trips as well if something happens and the dive gets cancelled because of weather.

We, Megalodon Charters, have Shark Tooth Dives that go out daily.

We are also the only Coast Gaurd Certified boat in Sarasota County.

Come dive with us! We put you right on the fossil beds every time :)

Blair Morrow
www.megalodoncharters.com
941-483-3483

Thanks for all the info. I will be making some call this week to make some reservations for mid may... I cant wait to get some more megs!!

:D

...I also do landsite,river trips as well if something happens and the dive gets cancelled because of weather.

Oh man FB, I didn't know that! Sure could have used your services last weekend! East winds and great vis turned to soup on Friday last (9 Apr). I tried one dive on Saturday, but it was more a practice night/nav dive than anything (think thick smoke) with 0-6" max. I did manage to find two small teeth by luck and several on Casperson beach though lol.

How much lead time do you typically require to lead a land trip?
Do you do the Peace River or closer to Nokomis/Venice?
I'd love to talk to you about landsite/river trip possibly with my son (non-diver) and also have you as a resource in reserve for when conditions go bad. This last weekend I brought a metal detector, but Venice isn't a real productive gold beach (lots of pocket change).

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom