Diving Ixtapa Zihuatanejo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BlueCrab

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
If you have plans to visit Ixtapa, you will be surprised that besides to be a place to rest, enjoy nature, you may have a nice diving experience.

I retuned from my AOWD course with Thierry at carloscuba and he is a very reliable and professional person, he took me to dive sites where on the way, we saw a dolphin, a tonina and a swordfish and diving lots of life, fish schools, eagle rays, green and spotted eels, seahorses, octopusses, huge flute fish, lobsters, and very nice coral reefs. Visibility is nice and soft currents take you confortable to a diving trip.

Thierry´s lds is located on Playa las Gatas, which is as quiet beach, so that my 4 year old kid stayed swiming with floaties all day until the last boat could pick us. There are lots of small restaurants where you can ask for anything you can imagine at the best price.

As mexican I have been at Ixtapa many times, but my diving experience is something I like to share with SB.

I thank to Diveasr to have advised me to take the course with Thierry, I hope you are there. If anyone would like to contact him, visit his page carloscuba.com

Hope this to be useful and don´t forget to call me when comming to Mexico.

Thanks for the report. I, too, have dived with Thierry on several trips. Playa las Gatas is one of my favorite beaches in the whole world. I should note, though, that Thierry and his father threw me out of their shop ... something about if I didn't leave now, the ship would leave without me. Seriously, though, their shop on the beach was so comfortable that I just hung out there all afternoon with them ... until I was running against a deadline for getting back to the ship I was on. They are great.

Back
Top Bottom