Diving Lake Pleasant 2009

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Where is Vista Point? Myself, a guy from school, and his girlfriend are going to be out there for El Mar's Easter Egg thing at 10-3 so we were looking to come out and get in a dive or 2 at 8AM before things get going.

Chris

Vista point is on the east side of the lake. Entry is on the Maricopa Water Distict side where the original marina is. Here is a Google Earth map showing some of the more common dive sites accessible by road including Vista Point:

Lake%20Pleasant%20South%20Dive%20Sites.jpg

A map showing how to get to Vista Point from the entry gate:

lake%20pleasant%20vista%20point%20overall.jpg

There is a cut-out road that gives you access to the waterline shown where the purple arrow indicates "vista point". A lot of divers will try to go here first if it has not already been claimed by someone else (divers or fisherman). When the water levels are lower it is limited to 4 wheel drive. Right now it should be easily accessible to anyone. On the N.E. side of the point is a picknick table where divers often meet. Chances are you will find anyone who is diving at these two locations or somewhere in between.

If you are thinking of diving soon the visibility has been great at V.P. so it is definately worth checking out.

mg

I'll be there Saturday with Janet. Bill (PhiShi) and Beth will be there too. Hope RudeBob can make it too. Sounds like it will be Diver Central. Cool! See y'all there.

Steve.

Nancy and I are also thinking about coming out for a couple of dives.
She hasn't tried Vista Point yet.

does everyone actually meet out at the point (park out there)? where is the best place to meet up?

From my past experience most everyone I/we dive with just meets at the the point. There is plenty of area to park-First one to get there usually stakes out a spot.

On the west side of the lake we often meet at the guard gate as the dive site selection can often change based on crowds and other happenings going on.

Vista Point is not that big of an area. Just look for the dive flags/people gearing up and introduce yourself. If you feel more comfortable firming up specific plans prior to going out just PM one or more of those people on this site who have indicated they are heading out for the weekend. Most will be happy to include you.

I have found some great people/dive buddies here who were total strangers before our first dive at Pleasant. Regardless of experience, if you are punctual and dive safe you will have no problems finding people to dive with here.

mg

Saturday Morning / Vista Point

Given the number of people coming, it might be a good idea to setup by the picnic bench, north of the point. As everyone is aware, parking over at the point is limited.

Regards, Bill

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom