Diving locations in the Netherlands?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

watersprite

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'd like to find out what good places are to go scuba diving in the Netherlands? Can anyone on here recommend me a nice place with *some* sight?

What would be the best time of the year to go diving?
And what would be good scuba schools/shops where I could rent equipment there?

Thanks for any feedback!

Hi Watersprite,

Have you picked up a copy of Duiken magazine in the bookstore? There's an short article each month about different spots in Belgium or The Netherlands.

You might also look at [www.duikplas.nl] for overviews of many good dive sites.

Probably the most popular destinations are those in Zeeland. Het Grevelingenmeer and Oosterchelde come to mind.

Hope this helps!

Phil

Hi Phil,

Thanks for the reply. No I haven't yet... I'm pretty new to scuba diving actually....

I usually look at magazines about scuba diving abroad as I found it way too cold over here to go scuba diving. I just decided I'm going to be a tough girl <grin> and try it out here as well... Anyhow, I'll look up that magazine in the bookstore soon. it sounds very interesting!

watersprite

Zeeland Brug, Goes and Wemelding are the places we go most often.

Visibility varies a lot, it's just sheer luck, but underwater life during the summer is quite nice.

There is a very nice (and cheap compared to Belgium) diving shop in Wemelding in the small centrum where you can also fill your tanks.

There is a very interesting and extensive article about Zeeland diving sites on Duiken, May issue.

but I think you'll enjoy the diving once you have a chance to get used to the conditions. And depending on where you live, there are probably at least a few fresh water places nearby to dive.

I'm also a new diver. To keep in practice, I've been driving occasianally to Enschede to a shop which has a 10 mtr deep pool. The water is cool, but not cold. They also rent equipment if you don't have your own. It's a long drive for me but perhaps you live closer.

By all means stick with diviing in The Netherlands if only to keep in shape for your next trip.

Phil

watersprite once bubbled...
Hi everyone,

I'd like to find out what good places are to go scuba diving in the Netherlands? Can anyone on here recommend me a nice place with *some* sight?

What would be the best time of the year to go diving?
And what would be good scuba schools/shops where I could rent equipment there?

Thanks for any feedback!

Zeeland. Verder is er weinig te duiken in Nederland. In Belgie zijn een aantal zeer populaire duikstekken om vage redenen gesloten. Heel jammer. Waar in Nederland zit je?

sheck33 once bubbled...

Zeeland. Verder is er weinig te duiken in Nederland. In Belgie zijn een aantal zeer populaire duikstekken om vage redenen gesloten. Heel jammer. Waar in Nederland zit je?

Your Dutch is better than mine :)

I'm impressed you know about the closed places such as Scoufflény and Perlonjour :wink:

This is going to be my first diving experience in the Netherlands so I guess I'll see how much I like it before I can tell I'll keep diving here. :eek:ut: I really love scuba diving so I think I should keep doing it, even if it's cold and you don't see a thing...

I live near Amsterdam, so Enschede would be quite far.

I heard the clearest water would be Zeeland. I guess I should try it out there then.

Did anyone of you ever go to Vinkeveense Plassen for scubadiving as well? I heard there's a park with some wrecks? Is it worth a dive?

Thanks!

I've also heard it's a good spot, but I haven't dove there yet. I plan to in the coming weeks. It seems very popular, especially for those who don't have the time to travel to Zeeland. That's also my case, but I look forward to diving in Zeeland as soon as I can.

chiara once bubbled...

Your Dutch is better than mine :)

I'm impressed you know about the closed places such as Scoufflény and Perlonjour :wink:

i cant be proud of it, since i am dutch :wink:
I have dove a lot of popular spots in belgium until some idiot decided to close them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom