Diving logo?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fresh_fish

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I've seen the diver down, the alpha, the nitrox, etc. However, I saw one the other day, it was 3 horizontal stripes, black, blue, black. Anyone know what this one is?

Is it one of these?
flags.gif

This one?

decal.thinblue.square.thumb.jpg

"Thin Blue Line." Originally designated law enforcement or LE family. So widely available now that it's probably as commonly displayed by the same doofus types who imagine that the State Troopers Association member sticker will keep them from getting tickets.

2BIG2Fail: In Ohio a Masonic ring will do the trick. But if they ask you for the secret handshake you're ........

Ding ding ding!!! Thanks! Yes that is it. I thought it was diving related because the place I saw it, they had the nitrox sticker on one corner, and this on the other, same size and shape. However, it makes sense, as he was an officer for a long time.

+1 on that - I'm retired from a small federal agency, now working w/ Customs & Border Protection as a contractor, and it pisses me off to see all of the people they give badges to that have absolutely no statutory arrest powers, no LE retirement, can't carry a weapon,,, and I could go on and on and on.
This was something I earned, not given.

KL

This one?

decal.thinblue.square.thumb.jpg

"Thin Blue Line." Originally designated law enforcement or LE family. So widely available now that it's probably as commonly displayed by the same doofus types who imagine that the State Troopers Association member sticker will keep them from getting tickets.

Thanks for the post! Now I understand the massive proliferation of these stickers in the last few years. I was beginning to think it was a car insurance company logo!

Ding ding ding!!! Thanks! Yes that is it. I thought it was diving related because the place I saw it, they had the nitrox sticker on one corner, and this on the other, same size and shape. However, it makes sense, as he was an officer for a long time.

That was not a nitrox "logo", it was a fuel type specification sticker: Shell Launches New Nitrogen Enriched Gasolines - United States

It makes my car feel less tired. Or so she tells me.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom