Diving metro-Denver during week or w/end

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MAsharkDiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Anyone willing to show me the 'local' dive (scuba diving that is) locations in and around metro-denver? Would like to try Cherry Creek res or Aurora Res.... low vis doesn't bother me... I dove in New England for 24 years!!!

I was contemplating diving Aurora on Sunday... but I have not been underwater there so I might not be the best guide.

Anyone up for Aurora this Sunday?

I dive Chatfield often during the week. Meet there at 5:00 to 5:30P.M. and get in a dive or two if you like. Post it here and see if anyone else wants to join us.

Chatfield tonight is a bit of a tough turnaround given that I am already at work and don't have my gear with me.

Aurora on Sunday may be doable. I did dive it once before and would be willing to dive it again. There is also that dive shop event at Aurora on the 4th. That could be a bit crazy, but otoh admission includes a free tank rental.

I can't do Chatfield tonight either.. I have a 4:30pm appointment downtown. I would like to do Aurora on Sunday though.... any time. Is there a fee to get into the park/reservoir and where is the 'dive area' located?

Pete

Well, usually, except for my drysuit, I don't even take the equipment out of the vehicle. So,if you want a buddy to dive Chatfield, send a PM with hardly any notice and I'll respond if I can. Anytime from 5:pM or so until they lock up at 10:00 PM
Night dives will take your mind off the limited Viz.

I would be up for a weeknight dive at Chatfield, but would need a days notice as I don't own my own tanks and need to run by a LDS to get one. And working downtown, the earliest outside of a friday I could get there would be 6.

BUt having just 25 dives under my belt, I am looking to get in as many dives as I can!

georoc01:
I would be up for a weeknight dive at Chatfield, but would need a days notice as I don't own my own tanks and need to run by a LDS to get one. And working downtown, the earliest outside of a friday I could get there would be 6.

BUt having just 25 dives under my belt, I am looking to get in as many dives as I can!
George,
It is rare that we don't have a least a couple to 12 full tanks around. If you get the urge to dive send a note. I have a full tank for you and you can get the tank refilled later.
I'll respond publicly to your PM. Do the drysuit thing, you will not regret it. I will say I never had a drysuit course. Neither has my wife, nor my two boys. Drysuit are easier to use than you think.
Oh by the way, I was in Kingfisher earlier today and the surface temp. is 86. At 10 ft it is 78!

Frank

Back
Top Bottom