Diving Nassau from Royal Caribbean cruise

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I dove Nassau with Stuart Cove off of the Sovereign of the Seas (Royal Carribean) a few years ago and had a blast. We hit the port early (an entire day early in fact due to a storm at our scheduled stop of Cococay), got priority treatment to disembark early, took the trip across the island (long ride), two great dives, and I was still back in time to spend dinner with the group at Carlos 'n Charlies. Overall a great experience and though it was busy I didn't feel like cattle one bit.

I dove on a Royal Caribbean cruise this past winter with Stuart Cove's in Nassau. NOT IMPRESSED sums it up. Other dive ops on the same cruise were excellent. (Sail Caribbean Divers in Tortola; Scuba Fun Dive Center in St Maarten; Underwater Safaris in St Thomas). I posted reviews of all of them on TripAdvisor.

Just got back today from a cruise on the CARNIVAL GLORY and did a 2 tank dive in Nassau. While we did not go far, with one dive being Trinity cave/reef and the other being lighthouse reef. Trinity had a wreck and was close to the harbor, and lighthouse was literally the other side of the breakwater. While very close to the ship, the diving was not bad. Saw a good amount of marine life, and some great rays. Did not log the name of the outfit that took us, but they were great. Guess the net net is, you may not have to go far from the dock to get some good dives in

Just got back today from a cruise on the CARNIVAL GLORY and did a 2 tank dive in Nassau. While we did not go far, with one dive being Trinity cave/reef and the other being lighthouse reef. Trinity had a wreck and was close to the harbor, and lighthouse was literally the other side of the breakwater. While very close to the ship, the diving was not bad. Saw a good amount of marine life, and some great rays. Did not log the name of the outfit that took us, but they were great. Guess the net net is, you may not have to go far from the dock to get some good dives in

True, I did the Juliet in May and we dove a site with three wrecks that was "looped back" from the cruise docks outside the harbor and another wreck site called the "cutter wreck" on the edge of a wall straight out from the harbor.

I'd love to know the operator's name. Was it Dive Bahama??

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom