Worst cruise itinerary ever (cant dive any port)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

D4rkS1d3

New
Reaction score
# of dives
None - Not Certified
So frustrating!

I take like 12 cruises a year - I dive on all of them since getting certified. Well im booked for one leaving 8/3 for 9 nights that stops in Bermuda and Nassau along with CoCo Cay 0 and it looks like I really can't dive at any port except coco cays sad little excuse of a one tank dive.

We're in Bermuda for a whole 24 hours - 1PM to 1PM 0 so too late for afternoon dives on day 1 and leaving too early for morning dives day 2. NO dive shops offer a one tank dive, or an earlier dive or later dive either day to accommodate the ship - I've messaged like every dive shop.

In Nassau -same thing. 10a-6p. Only dive op I can find is Stuart Cove so I guess they monopolized the dive scene in Nassau. They also wont do a 1 tank afternoon or anything and say they take til 5 PM to get back to the docks. Keep in mind gangway goes up 30 mins before we leave so latest boarding is 5:30 in nassau and 12:30 in bermuda.

I've never been so pissed at itinerary times in my life lmao. Guess ill just sit on the beach like every other cruiser. So infuriating.

If anyone knows of anything i missed, please let me know. Im desperately trying to get under the water this trip.

:popcorn:

So frustrating!

Keep in mind gangway goes up 30 mins before we leave so latest boarding is 5:30 in nassau and 12:30 in bermuda.
Typically it's an hour before departure, either way I wouldn't cut it so close, lest you miss the boat.

What I've seen some people do is look for divers here on the boards that are local to your stops. They may be willing to take you diving. It could be hit or miss BUT it is an option. Good luck

Yeah, sounds like it would be hard to pull off. I've not dived either place, but there may not be many shore diving options there that dive operators can leverage--certainly the case in Nassau.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom