diving Nassau

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Greg H.

New
Reaction score
Hi friends,

I'm heading to West Palm Beach, FLA, and Nassau around Christmas and don't have any leads on any good dive operators. I like small fast boats with small groups, as opposed to some of the operators that seemingly have floating cattle cars.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Greg

Hello Greg,

If someone doesn't have a personal suggestion you might want to try The ScubaSearch Engine or for a extensive listing of all operators (both those with a website and those without) give the The Scuba Directory a spin, you'll find more than you could even fully visit but it may help you out quite a bit.

=-)

Sorry this reply is soo late. And since you have already gone on your trip i will only say this. Have been to nassau and used three different dive operators. Dive Dive Dive, Stuarts Cove, and some other operator that I have thankfully forgotten the name of. Of the three I would put my money on Stuarts Cove. They run a great operation, Excellent and friendly staff, good dive sites, and good boats. If you are renting equipment they offer quality equipment, that is kept clean and is well maintained. I will say that they are probably the number 1 dive operator on Nassau and for good reason. Every time I go to Nassau in the future I will use them. Try their shark dive if you arent too afraid. It was fantastic!! Got some great photos.

we are going Thanksgiving week to work up an appetite. Staying at Breezes and I'm told there is a Stuart Cove pickup/drop-off right at the resort. Can't wait! I think I'm going to have to try the shark dive...

Greg - I know you probably don't want to hear this but Nassau isn't the place to be doing any truly special diving. I've been with Bahama Divers and Stuart Cove. You've mentioned about not being in large groups etc - this is pretty much the case with Stuart C. However - these are still the guys I'd recommend to you (Stuart Cove - not Bahama Divers) and I really enjoyed my diving with them. Lots of sharks - but yes, lots of people also.
Thing you need to bear in mind with your original request is that Nassau is 'big time' - lots people, lots of stuff going on, etc. Huge cruise ships coming in, massive hotels with rooms counted maybe in 1000s. If the trip to Bahamas was all about diving - I'd try to get to another island? Just a thought.

This was a pic I took while on one of the Stuart dives. Whether right wrong (feeding) it certainly generates some appreciation for Sharks. I could never hurt one now.

Attachments

• Stuart C.jpg
    Stuart C.jpg
    162.7 KB · Views: 172
Just booked my dives at Stuart Cove's! Will be my first reef dive. Done lots of carribean snorkling and Gulf diving.
Stoked!

This thread is over 10 years old!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom