Diving ocean caves in Australia

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

*Ag*

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
You don't have to be a cave diver to get a taste of diving inside an overhead environment. Ocean caves offer a chance for those curious about caves to see what all the fuss is about, without getting too far away from the light zone and safety. Even if cave diving isn't you, the abundant marine life that often inhabits ocean caves and caverns should keep you enthralled and entertained.

Two of Australia's best ocean caves spring to mind; Fish Rock Cave in New South Wales and Cathedral Cave down in Tasmania. These sites are amongst my favorite ocean dives in Australia. I dived them before I became a cave diver and continued to dive them even after getting cave certified. No reason not to, these ocean caves are simply incredible.

Have a look at diving ocean caves to read more about these two great locations. The write up includes links to pics of marine life you are likely to see.

Thanks for the post - am heading out to Oz in a few months so will definitely try to check out Fish Rock Cave at least!

ag,

pretty jealous of all the stuff you have experienced. one day, one day...

Cheers Joel

We are having the third SB Invade The Rock in March. It is an incredible dive site!

Super glad you found the info useful. Hope you have a great time on your visit to Oz!

Thanks Joel... it's all about taking one dive at a time. You don't exactly live in a bad part of Oz either, lots of great diving to be done on the West Coast. Jealous you have Ningaloo Reef and the Nullarbor on your doorstep. :)

dived Cairnes a few years ago,,, thats classified as a big hole in the ground isn't it???

yup its good and having mum and dad live in exmouth makes it even better !

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom