Diving on your 'PERIOD'

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Other than the hassel, I've never had a problem. I would do a search on this site with the key words; women and keeper. I don't know if you've heard of the keeper but.... just read the thread.

:D

For cramps and stuff, try doubling your calcium intake a couple of weeks before the onset of menses. Sea vegetables like wakame, dried seaweed, etc. also seem to help out a lot, and are tasty on salads.

(Yeah yeah... I know... I'm a guy, so what do I know about it, right? But I took care of female soldiers, too.)

Slightly off topic, but I've also used rose hips starting a week or so before, and hear that soy products are also excellent for female type problems. I believe it's the B-vitamins that help out here. What about lots of leafy greens, another source rich in calcium AND B vitamins. mmmm... salad.

One thing that has been clinically proven is that caffeine can cause cramps. I don't think they mean 1 cup of coffee, but rather 2-3 a day.

You can also buy Vitamin B and Calcium tablets at the store if you are like me and don't eat veggies :)

Back
Top Bottom