Diving Photojournalism Workshop

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Brendiver

Registered
Reaction score
Have you ever opened up a diving magazine, read the contents and thought, "I could write stuff like that, and as for the pictures - I've got a pile that are just as good?"

Fifteen years ago I asked the same questions and for three years I struggled to find the 'how to' route that eventually resulted in the publication of my first article. However, since then I haven't looked back and now, with over 300 articles, features and news stories under my belt I'm happy to share the knowledge and understanding I picked up along the way.

Over the last year I've run diving photojournalism seminars and workshops in London, Fort Lauderdale and the Philippines. Several of the attendees are now at the point where they are about to get published - you can read about their progress and their feedback on the seminars and workshops at Brendiver's World

This autumn / fall I'll be running more seminars and workshops with the added attraction of Maria Munn from Oceanvisions - you can find her website here Underwater Photography Courses - Tailor Made by Ocean Visions | Underwater Prints - Canvas Art, Greeting Cards for sale. Maria has years of experience as a published underwater photographer using compact digital cameras.

Her work, with what most photographers consider to be entry level equipment, has been good enough for her to be awarded a licentiateship from the Royal Photographic Society. The test of her workshops - well, quite simply, her students get published and win competitons.

So, if you have ever dreamt of being a writer for diving magazines, to be one of those journalists who gets to jet around the world every other month, see my site for details of where and when the next workshop will be run.

Drop me a line and tell me about your dreams - Maria and I might just be able to help you achieve them.

And if there is sufficient interest, we may even cross the big pond to deliver our workshop in the USA.

Keep writing...

Brendan

For insights into the world of diving journalism and photography:

Brendiver's World

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom