Diving Punta Cana w/Dressel Divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bob5150

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Just returned today from Punta Cana, Dominican Republic. This was a family trip, not just for my diving pleasure. I searched the net and discovered Dressel Divers, who's home office is in Spain. They handle diving services at Iberostar resorts in the Dom. Rep, Cozumel, Riviera Maya, Mallarca. I scheduled a 6 dive package and a 1 day excursion to Catalina Island (Dom. Rep). They offered a 15% discount if I scheduled in advance, which I did. The 6 dive package cost me about $205.

The staff at Dressel were great! The dive leaders were Europeans who spoke great English. Very knowledgeable, ran the dives on schedule and knew the dive sites. They run 2 dives a day, morning and afternoon, usually with small groups.

The Dominican is definitely not a dive mecca, but the reefs on the Atlantic side were okay. However, the Carribean side, where Catalina Island is located, were very good. They have a nice wall and a site called the aquarium, which is a decent sized reef. I saw several 'cudas, large spotted eagle ray, plenty of small rays, Spanish lobster and dolphin.

If you are considering a trip to any of Dressel's dive shop locations, I highly recommend them.

They can be reached at pablovalls@dresseldivers.com.
They also have a web site.

See you on the bottom!

sounds like an ad for dressel divers.. I'll never promote them, Pablo was not true to his word with me and darned near ruined our vacation to mexico..it's a long story. It wasn't Punta Cana, but Dressels gets no good word from me. Not often you see them highly recommended.

I am in no way affiliated with Dressel. Just a diver who happened across them on hte web. I was treated exceptionally well by the company and wanted to relate my experience to other divers.

I got my open water cert by them in playa last year as a new diver I was not overly impressed. I did "not" like them ether i would rate them a 7 on scale of 1-10. I am going to coz this nov and was thinking if I was going to use them or seek out someone else. I do like Iberostar resorts I give them a 9
randy

run262x10:
What are the topside activities in Punta Cana?

Punta Cana is not like Cancun, Cozumel or the Bahamas. Most of the topside activities are within the confines of the resort you choose to stay at. The resort I was at had parasailing, boating, snorkeling and, of course, the pool. Outside of the resorts, there is not much activity for vacationers, as it is a very poor country (more so than Mexico). I stayed there for a week and did not get bored. You can take excursions to places like Catalina Island, which was a lot of fun. If you are bound and determined to find good night life, I'd recommend Mexico or another Carribean country.

I've been all over the world and I've only gotten sick twice and twice was at Dominican Republic. I stayed last year at iberostar and I wasn't impresed with the hotel or the diving. Except for a cave dive I did that was great but the reefs no big deal. I went with another couple and my wife, all four of us got sick on poorly prepared food by the hotel. After my trip I have gone on a cruise (I would recommend to anybody) and at the end of this month I'll be going to Costa Rica.
That's just my experiance their are many other places to visit that are better for diving and all in all everthing else.

They are great and safe. Dressel Divers, for me is the best option.

Just wanted to let you all know that I just got back from Mexico (Playa del Carmen and Cozumel) and I dove with Dressels Divers. An excellent very professional organization. We dove with them from the Barcelo Resort in Rivieria Maya and dove with them in Cozumel as well. While I don't recommend the Iberostar Resort in Cozumel (food and property infested with insects, unsanitary, poorly kept up grounds, etc) - it is about a 2 star although it is rated at 4 on the web, Dressels is a top notch organization and services are readily available in English, French, Spanish (of course), German and Italian.

fonfon5

Back
Top Bottom