Diving Punta Cana w/Dressel Divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'd be interested in learning more about Punta Cana and the dive shops specifically.

I was in punta cana back in march, stayed at an all inclusive which was located about an hour north of Punta cana, so i cannot speak much for the city itself. I dove with Dressel, and while I do not have much good to say about the outfit itself, I know the divemaster and captain I worked with were both top notch. Got lucky on the 3rd day and saw breaching whales just off-shore. we rushed out and hopped in with them, we were no more than 100 yds. from a mother and cub, it was awesome. The area is very poor outside of the resorts, and the people we knew who left the resorts were very dissapointed.

Well, so far I have been speaking with Dressel, the resort shop Scuba Caribe, and Scub Fun out of Byahibe. I can say that Dressel has been great with the communications but I think due to the language difference there are some mix ups in communications.

The resort (Scuba Caribe has been terrible. I don't know if they are using a template or what but they don't answer specific questions and will not deviate from their sites... plus they want to charge an arm and a leg.

Scuba Fun I just started talking to and they are designing a package around our group which is nice.

I think, in the end we will go with Dressel or Scuba Fun.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom