Diving Resorts on Grand Cayman

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

At the risk of saying "me, too" I'll add another endorsement for Cobalt Coast Resort.

My wife and I have been to Grand Cayman five times. Once, on Seven Mile Beach, once at Sunset House and the last three times have been to Cobalt Coast. We're returning for the fourth time in July. We keep coming back for a number of reasons.

The resort is excellent; a boutique hotel in a quiet part of the island. If you're looking to party, go to Sunset House. But, if you want an excellent, small hotel with well kept, well appointed suites, the Cobalt Coast should be a first choice.

As others have said, the food is excellent. While $60 per day per person may seem steep, you'll find that it's a bargain when you compare it to eating at comparable restaurants and the cost of a rental car and gas to get to them. The menu has a lot of variety, from steaks to seafood, Italian pasta to Indian curry. Dinner includes three courses; soup, salad or appetiser, the entree and a dessert (if you have room).

The shore diving at both Lighthouse Point and Cobalt Coast is excellent, too. Usually, when the waves are too strong at Cobalt, the water is calm at Lighthouse. And, when the current is running at Lighthouse, it's barely noticeable at Cobalt. Rarely are both locations undivable at the same time. The Divetech staff provide free and frequent transportation from Cobalt to Lighthouse and back again.

We've been to Cobalt in February, November and early June. This time, we'll be there for the week of July 4. Typically, the seas are calmest (which means great North Wall diving) during the summer. When we were there in February, we dove the North Wall on two out of six days. In November, it was all West Wall, leaving from the West Bay dock. And, last June, we had calm seas and very little current at either Lighthouse or Cobalt the whole week. I'm beginning to think that calm seas and lack of current are totally the luck of the weather.

Hope this helps.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom