Diving S. Eleuthera - Ocean Fox

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gamecock

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Greetings y'all! We just got back from Eleuthera! Man what a trip! Eleuthera is NOT FOR EVERYONE - it's very rugged and low key, rough roads and very tough to navigate and find stuff. But, once you're in the groove, it's pretty fun! Dirty? yes. Trash everywhere? uh huh. Atlantic beaches were trashed from debris and sargasso :( and the winds were up there (Easterly 20 knots) so the shore diving was too risky (and the viz was low). However! We dove out of Davis Harbour with Ocean Fox, Divemaster was Daryl and shop run by Andy. I gotta tell ya, we had a FANTASTIC two days of diving! We dove behind the wind, leward side of the point just south of Waterford and Rock Sound. We did 4 tanks in two morning dives, took us 15 mins to get to dive site 1, did a 45 min dive on some magnificent coral and fish sites, saw some "blow holes" and it was GREAT! I promised Ocean Fox I would give them a GREAT REVIEW here so if you end up going to Eleuthera, and the easterly winds are tough, beleive me that it's worth the trip south to Davis Harbour.

Google satellite view of Ocean Fox location: Davis Harbour
rock sound, bahamas - Google Maps

I'll have some pix to put in later, we just got back and I have some pruning to do. Also, I got about 90 mins of super video of the diving there. So stay tuned!

I was asked in some PM's about the way the dives were run. Well, Daryl runs conservative dive profiles... you are back on the boat with 1000 lbs of air. To me that is a waste of dive time and I did not say anything to them about this, and I think some of you will agree or disagree. But, I like to do a 5 minute stop (Daryl wanted 3 mins) and I wanted to come back on board with 500 lbs after a shallow dive like we did 4 times. Andy and Daryl, if you read this, I should have said something but I did not. I realize that this is an important safety issue for you guys but I spent $340 with you and expected some leeway with our dive profiles since we are long time divers. This is my ONLY gripe so you guys did very well indeed!

Garry

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom