Diving Singapore ??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

milktrayman

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Whats Singapore ( and surrounding areas) like to dive in ??? I'm planning a Visa run to renew my Thai visa and fancy going to singapore. But has anyone dived there?? whats the place like ?

Anthony

Hi Anthony,

Sadly, Singapore waters are not known for diving and most of us folks tend to visit islands around Malaysia and / or Indonesia which are usually just a coach ride / short flight away.

There was a similar post on diving in Singapore before and I think you might be able to get your answers there http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?t=129032

Hope this helps.

Don't know about the diving but I did live there as a non-diver for many years (wasted more than a decade not diving...yes I'm a fool).

Singapore itself is a very clean, very built up city, lots of tasty food, many shopping centres & some interesting architecture. I condsider it the least frantic & smoggy of the SE Asian capitals. Western tourists all love it there.

Hi Anthony,

You can go Pulau Hantu in Singapore, but water condition "NO Good"...Why don't go Malaysia and Indonesia?

Jason
milktrayman:
Whats Singapore ( and surrounding areas) like to dive in ??? I'm planning a Visa run to renew my Thai visa and fancy going to singapore. But has anyone dived there?? whats the place like ?

Anthony

Since the original poster was asking about diving in Singapore itself, let's leave it at that. I try to refrain from recommending nearby Malaysian/Indonesian islands.

Anyway, for the record, if the person is willing to venture out of Singapore, the options are Tioman, Rawa, Aur, Pemanggil and Bintan.

Hi,

Are you still go to Redang? How was the environment in long beach.

Jason
malaysia-islands:
Since the original poster was asking about diving in Singapore itself, let's leave it at that. I try to refrain from recommending nearby Malaysian/Indonesian islands.

Anyway, for the record, if the person is willing to venture out of Singapore, the options are Tioman, Rawa, Aur, Pemanggil and Bintan.

Jason, haven't been to Redang yet this year. But the latest news I got for these coming few weeks is the islands of Tioman, Perhentian and Redang are overbooked. In fact, Star Cruise is coming to Redang this coming weeks (where on earth the large boat is going to dock? *shivers*)

Trying to steer within the topic, Redang is quite far from Singapore and probably not milktrayman's best option.

WOW...... Big boat cruise is going to Redang?

malaysia-islands:
Jason, haven't been to Redang yet this year. But the latest news I got for these coming few weeks is the islands of Tioman, Perhentian and Redang are overbooked. In fact, Star Cruise is coming to Redang this coming weeks (where on earth the large boat is going to dock? *shivers*)

Trying to steer within the topic, Redang is quite far from Singapore and probably not milktrayman's best option.

Back
Top Bottom