Diving the Mizpah

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kwpw

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello,
My wife and I are coming down the end of the month 2-25 -2-28 and I would love to dive the mizpah drift dive.
I have been checking dive shops and boats and can't seem to find it on anyone schedule.
Can anyone point me in the right direction??
We are planning to do lots of shore dives and several boat dives...I can't wait!!!!!
Thank you
Paul

Check with christina @ abernathy's scuba adventures, the Deep Obcession goes there often. Also check with Lynn at LittleDeeperChaters.com, or Capt Sandy at oceanquestscuba.com (Sandys Sunday). All of these folks are pretty accomodating if you call in advance let them know what you are interested in.

Happy Diving!
Elena
www.gardencovedivers.com

I have dove the Mizpah several times: all with The Scuba Club.
Welcome to The Scuba Club, America's Only Country Club For Scuba Divers in West Palm Beach, FL

As pointed out above, if you call a shop before your trip, there's a pretty good chance they'll do the dive if conditions permit.

I once dove the Mizpah in ripping fast current and we were over it, the rock pile and the Amaryllis in a very short period of time and spent 20 minutes drifting over sand afterward.

+1 for any of the charters mselanaus mentioned. Whoever you pick, you'll want to request ship wreck corridor.... The Mizpah is the first (or second) wreck in the series of three-four wrecks on one dive.

...I once dove the Mizpah in ripping fast current and we were over it, the rock pile and the Amaryllis in a very short period of time and spent 20 minutes drifting over sand afterward.

After the Amaryllis is the China Barge just to the west... then after that you go through a field of rock piles and culverts... 45 minute dives are no problem on The Corridor wrecks. right, left, right,left, left

Hello,
My wife and I are coming down the end of the month 2-25 -2-28 and I would love to dive the mizpah drift dive.
I have been checking dive shops and boats and can't seem to find it on anyone schedule.
Can anyone point me in the right direction??
We are planning to do lots of shore dives and several boat dives...I can't wait!!!!!
Thank you
Paul

Also if you are the first to sign up with JASA, you get to pick the dive site. I know they go to the Mizpah.

Don't forget about the USS FREDONIA (PC-1174), which is also on the corridor.
The layout of these wrecks can be viewed in the LIDAR-based map below.
History on the vessels and information on the dive can be found in my new book, ENCYCLOPEDIA OF FLORIDA SHIPWRECKS VOLUME I: ATLANTIC COAST.
Cheers,
Mike

Attachments

• corridor.jpg
    corridor.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 310
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom