diving the N2intion 3 in cold water

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

well scott the computer shold be on its way to you. can you keep an eye out for it and let me know what they find wrong with it.

it is being shipped to you from Blue Marble Divers.

Thanks Dave

Sorry to resurrect a dead thread but, I'd be interested to know the reason for this "bounce" in the depth reading. My first N2ition3 displayed this behaviour as well, and would get more "bouncy" the greater the depth.
My dive shop owner was very gracious when he dove the DC twice, and decided that it should not do this, also it displayed a depth reading 10ft deeper than actual. Twice the computer went into altitude mode with a rank of "2" while actually at ~sea-level. It was returned with about 14dives on it.

My second N2ition3 also displays this behavious (however, no altitude mode yet). This past weekend, at 90 ft, I was getting "bounces" of up to +-8ft. Which also meant that I was getting ascent rate warnings at every other depth reading. I even got an ascent rate warning while descending. My two deep dives were dive #2 and #3 on the new DC. To check if it was a cold water issue, I left the computer at the bottom of my pool while I swam around and had fun. The pool depth is 9ft and readings never went past 9 ft, but regularly dropped to 8ft, and even 6ft. Trust me, the bottom of my pool is concrete, and doesn't change depth willy nilly. My pool is also 82F (the DC and my thermometer are in agreement on the temperature), so the cold water theory is out.

Last edited:
since you reopened a dead thread let me comment on it.

i must first thank zeagle for helping me with my original problem. they were very willing to make me happy, and replaced the computer for me. THANK YOU.

but now the new comp i have is doing the same thing. i am going to say it is a glitch in the sensor or a problem with the comp itself. i know it does it and i carry a backup just to make sure i dont get bent. but it sucks for me doing deco because i dont have another multi gas computer.

i know eventually they will get the issue resolved so i dont worry about it. but i do have one question. if the n2intion 3 and the Dive Rite 3 gas comp is the same computer made by the same manufactor, are dive rite owners having the same problmes. just a thought.

I really believe that this might be a "low battery" issue...but that is just a hunch at this point.

I would try putting a new #2032 battery in it (available at WalMart or almost any drug store) and see if that fixes the issue.

Thanks,

Scott

Scott...my question is: I have an Ntuition3 , two months old and I did 3 dives which registered just fine. I dove a week ago and it didn't register a thing. We did a Quarry dive to 56 feet and about 55-60 F for temperature. We were in for about a half hour or a little longer. Any idea why it didn't register a dive? I reread the manual but I think it automatically should registere unless Out of accuracy or perhaps in Gage mode was selected. I don't think either condition was the case. I hate to think that only some of my dives will be recorded over time. The salt water dives were recorded (3 dives) the freshwater one wasn't. Appreciate your thoughts. Al

Scott...my question is: I have an Ntuition3 , two months old and I did 3 dives which registered just fine. I dove a week ago and it didn't register a thing. We did a Quarry dive to 56 feet and about 55-60 F for temperature. We were in for about a half hour or a little longer. Any idea why it didn't register a dive? I reread the manual but I think it automatically should registere unless Out of accuracy or perhaps in Gage mode was selected. I don't think either condition was the case. I hate to think that only some of my dives will be recorded over time. The salt water dives were recorded (3 dives) the freshwater one wasn't. Appreciate your thoughts. Al

Those batteries that Seiko used on production are a piece of cr@p! I don't think they are capable of delivering the required power at a stable rate on cold conditions.

Install a quality battery. I'm sure your problem will be gone.

D

I dive water temps between 33F - 44F on almost EVERY dive. Never any issues with the N2ition in those temps. Use a good quality battery, not the 'stock' battery which the computer is delivered with and you probably won't have power related issues. I'm VERY satisfied with my N2ition.

Cheers,

I will jump on this ban wagon also.
4 hrs on the computer depth was jumping around asent rate warning on desent ect......and then at 60' in the quary it shut completly off (blank screen) had to surface and reset the computer.... kind of scary but thats why you dive redundancy right. any way had to reset the computer and the screen came back on now everthing I have beed reading says change the battery..... realy.... i have 4 hrs. on it. I have only had the computer for a month. is there other threads on this same topic? has any one had problems after changeing the battery??? I have a big dive in 2 weeks NC (u-boats) and would like to understand what im dealing with????

guck78 I replaced the battery and my N3 works much better...not perfectly. As for those NC Uboats...I hope the weather is better for you than it was fdor me! In 3 days there we didn't dive more than 1 day and no Uboat either! Good luck :))

Thanks eskimo50, so what kind of issues do you still see after battery change? im not so concerned about temp. but would be concerned with depth deviations???? i will dive it again this saturday but still wouldn like to know what others have experianced

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom