Diving this Sunday

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Get your diving done early at Porteau, we did not even get out of the vehicle today (Sat) it was that windy. That was at about 1 pm. Our first dive was at Furry creek with about 60' vis and then we skipped Porteau and went to Kelvin Grove which was sheltered with about 30' of vis.

The trap is set... will he take the cheese?

cheese not necessary... compressed air and a nice chewy reg mouthpiece seems to have done the trick nicely

Get your diving done early at Porteau, we did not even get out of the vehicle today (Sat) it was that windy. That was at about 1 pm. Our first dive was at Furry creek with about 60' vis and then we skipped Porteau and went to Kelvin Grove which was sheltered with about 30' of vis.

well considering that there was a global TV camera guy there doing a thing on the wind... and by the end of the dive my truck windshield was salt-crusted like a hundred miles on the Coquihalla Hwy just from sitting on the leeward side of the parking lot...

And as for the directionality of the wind surf, it was perfect for a compass bearing orienteering style bottom swim swim out to the site; surf was a good 2' hard chop. Viz was a measly 30'

Stuart, Al, Todd, Hunter, Klaus, Jeff, Stuart, Randy and I did a little white water diving today. It was all good UW (though the surface interval sucked!). Nothing like developing chillblains from the wind while waiting to dive in 48*F water.
I am attempting my first ever video edit and I'll post it when I'm done.
Don't hold your breath...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom