Diving Trip August and September

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diver 2

New
Reaction score
I am planning a dive trip from mid August to September, 6 weeks in total. I plan to start in Davao City which is touted as a good all year round diving destination. I would like to dive some other areas such as perhaps Camiguin, Southern Leyte, Apo Island and Alona Beach. I understand the weather is not that reliable at this time of the year but I am keen to avoid crowds and the peak season crush.
Can anyone suggest a rough plan for a diving trip with regard to local weather. I understand It will be subject to any storms but some locations may be better dived than others at this time of the year. At the moment I intend to see what Davao and the General Santos area has to offer and perhaps make my way overland to Camiguin assuming this is safe and then on to the Visayas area.
I could change my departure date from Australia if for instance October was a better month weather wise than August yet still uncrowded. I intend to bring my own gear and I am a very experienced diver
Any advice would be appreciated

diver 2:
I am planning a dive trip from mid August to September, 6 weeks in total. I plan to start in Davao City which is touted as a good all year round diving destination. I would like to dive some other areas such as perhaps Camiguin, Southern Leyte, Apo Island and Alona Beach. I understand the weather is not that reliable at this time of the year but I am keen to avoid crowds and the peak season crush.
Can anyone suggest a rough plan for a diving trip with regard to local weather. I understand It will be subject to any storms but some locations may be better dived than others at this time of the year. At the moment I intend to see what Davao and the General Santos area has to offer and perhaps make my way overland to Camiguin assuming this is safe and then on to the Visayas area.
I could change my departure date from Australia if for instance October was a better month weather wise than August yet still uncrowded. I intend to bring my own gear and I am a very experienced diver
Any advice would be appreciated
Let's wait for Paul Partridge to mosey his way here...He has a dive ops in Gen San.

Ok any thoughts on visiting alona beach, Apo island or Southern Leyte in August september or October. Any one period or destination offering reliable diving during this period
thanks Peter

Back
Top Bottom