Diving Twin Lakes Saturday Morn

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BillT5

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
There will be two of us at least at TL this sat for a couple of dives. :D Me and my son from Austin. Anybody is welcome to join us. I drive a white explorer or my son has a dodge hemi truck in case we go in it. We are just going to get wet and blow some bubbles. Check out TL and see how it is doing latley. If anybody wants to dive and not go up to Blue Lagoon for the easter egg hunt, join us down south!!:14:

Hey, Bill, I might join you -- I'm coming to town from San Antonio and will be staying Fri. nite in Alvin w/family. I'd love to hit the park Sat. morning, but didn't have a buddy. Mike said that it's been a little quiet so far this season. I drive a silver RAV4.

What time you thinking of going?

The wife and I will be there. We are going to be in a dark blue 4Runner. You'll see a big fat guy and a skinny lady. Positive identification can be determined by how we are bent almost double struggling under the weight of our HUBs. (But once you get them in the water, they're really nice, or at least I think they are.)

Cavein, we are shooting for 9ish,, that depends on when my son and daughter in law get in from Austin on Saturday morning. It does look like we will be in my white explorer.

Overandover, we will be looking for you guys also. Looking forward to meeting some new dive buddies. Great to have some South Texas Swamp diving anytime.

Well, turns out I can't make it after all -- family stuff. I'll definitely catch up w/you all some time this summer, tho.

BTW, I grew up in La Porte. Small world!

Kevin.

The water was clear and cool, we had a parking spot right beside the little change room, my gear check was proceeding nicely (seven # in each side of my weight harness compensated nicely for my wetsuit), walked into the water with my BC and decided it needed a little trim weight, and everything seemed to be perfect right up until my wife told me she left her (prescription) mask at home! So we'll try again tomorrow. We're checking out my new mask, my wetsuit, and weight harness, my wife's new mask and her HUB which just had been serviced.

We did get far enough to notice that the place that had serviced her regs/BC did not tighten the hose fitting on her 2nd stage, I sure hope they didn't forget anything else!

Bill,

Did you get wet today?

Regards,

We did in fact make it out on Satuday and had several good dives. The viz was very good (~20ft) and the water temp was very nice. I was able to dive comfortably in a 3mm suit. At the deepest part of the lake the temperature was 64. All in all it was an excellent day of diving.

Sounds awesome, I need to get out there. The only problem is I can only go during the week or Sun afternoon.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom