Diving Vieques????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wildcard

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
Im not finding any dive ops. Any help out there?

I'm not 100% sure, but I think at Seaventures does dives in Vieques out of Humacao. You might want to contact them and ask.

I keep hearing there is a shop but i can not find it....

Found it. It's BlackBeards diving. Still have not found a web site thou...

Found these for you:

Vieques Divers
Ave G. Rickehoff Final
Vieques
787-741-3627

Black Beard's Sports
100 Muñoz Rivera
Vieques
787-741-1892

hope this helps!

Wildcard:
Found it. It's BlackBeards diving. Still have not found a web site thou...
The website for Blackbeard sports is http://www.blackbeardsports.com/ It isn't helpful at all, except for contact information.

Did anyone have any experience with them or Vieques divers? How was it? I'm going to PR in a few weeks, first time diving, so I'd like to hear how they are if you went with them.

Navigatrix, is Vieques a must in your stop on the island? if not, there might be other diving options for you on you visit here.

fjsala:
Navigatrix, is Vieques a must in your stop on the island? if not, there might be other diving options for you on you visit here.
Hi fjsala,

Nope, Vieques is not a must, just one of a few places we've been looking into. We're going to be in Puerto Rico a week with a rental car, so we should be able to get anywhere worth going to. Right now, I'm thinking La Parguera, Isla Desecheo, and either Culebra or Vieques. Any suggestions or thoughts? Are these dives appropriate for a beginner? Thanks!

OK...You've done your homework...these are all really good choices, since you'll be renting a car, you will be able to drive to any of the dive operator's locations. Take into account that if you'll be lodging at San Juan, you'll have plenty long drives ahead of you. So, it important to note where you will be staying to coordinate all your dives.

As far as Vieques Vs. Culebra, I think many would agree that Culebra would probably be the best spot vs. Vieques....but take into acount that much like Desecheo, these islands are a good 40-60 boat ride from shore.

Also, you might want to consider dives out of Humacao or Fajardo.

All are good places for any diver at any level, obviously going with the right Dive Operator is a must for a good and safe experience.

For la parguera use Parguera Divers.
For desecheo use Taino Divers.
For humacao or fajardo use Seaventures.
Sorry, no real suggestins for operators in Culebra or Vieques.

Feel free to contact me if you have any further questions...always willing to help someone form Boston!

And..good luck with your certification.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom