Diving West palm Beach....On a Monday AFTERNOON

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

robandliza

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I'm mulling over possibly diving BHB on a Monday morning and then hopping onto a boat for a 2 tank dive in the afternoon. Does anyone know if any boats go out of WPM on a Monday afternoon?
It will be in mid Aug, so during holiday time, if that makes a difference

I have looked at JDC and see they do a pm trip and I know Kevin at Underwater Explorers does too, with both dependent on numbers but will I have time to get Jupiter for a pm depart? High tide at BHB on the day I am looking at is 10.45am.

A bit of local advice would be appreciated

If you use Force E just down the street from BHB, they will get you on a boat that IS going in the afternoon! So nothing to worry about. There are MANY close boats that may go out, Narcosis for 1. If you end up in Jupiter, many, many folks like Capt Sl8er's Kyalami!

Most boats only do 1 trip per day during the week. JDC shows an afternoon trip on their schedule but I would assume they only go if they have enough people. You may be able to talk my wife and I into going. Do you have specific dates in mind?

Kevin also shows an afternoon trip on his boat which would be another good option to consider.

Thanks

The day I am looking at is Monday Aug 17th. I'm actually already booked in with Kevin for am and pm dives but if I am the only diver he won't go out. I'm thinking that instead of diving with him in the morning I will ask him to do a Discover Scuba course for my 2 kids and their 2 friends that will be with us on our trip.
Like I say, high tide is 10.45 which SHOULD give me time to dive the Bridge whilst they have their class then for me to pop off somewhere in the afternoon after dropping them off back at the hotel on Singer Island

I'm just trying to cover all options to see if it's possible. All the shops I have checked online,other than UE and JDC, only offer am dives on a Monday

BTW, I am booked in with JDC for am dives on Tue and Wed

Narcosis typically doesn't go out on Mondays. If high tide is 10:45 that should put you out of the water around 11:30 or so making a 1 pm dive doable if you stay in the WPB area and probably Jupiter too.

If you go in at the bridge on the early side of slack high tide and spend a little less time at the end of the period it might give you a little less bridge time but more time between to make a boat dive too.

Edit: Just saw your second post. Looks like your dives are pretty much locked in between the boat and the DSD class. Best bet is if you find willing divers to commit to that afternoon trip.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom