New Dive Charter: Palm Beach Scuba

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Literally every day this op has been going out, they have been posting hundreds of pictures with spearguns and hunters on EVERY trip.
AND YOU CLAIM YOU DIDN'T KNOW ?? Bull-Sheet !!. This is 100% your fault for not doing research in advance and then blaming everyone else.
Don't come on SB and trash a new operator because you want to influence other potential divers by calling it a "massacre".< your words. Even before you set foot on the vessel, you saw the guns and did not walk away, but rather jumped right on the boat!

I saw the pictures and they are 100% legal, ethical, and full of SMILES from happy paying customers.
Go back to diving with your favorite operator > Pura Vida who doesn't allow spearfishing/hunting (and they are a fantastic charter IMHO too). But don't slam a competitor to steer business elsewhere.
So glad I have my own boat for many reasons. Some times I hunt, sometimes I don't and I never have to listen to tourists. I will always grab lobster in season.... and can't wait for May 1st

All due to conditions but twice the dive site I had requested when I booked over a month prior was changed last minute to accommodate other divers but it didn’t matter because those dives were ultimately cancelled too, or dive site changed yet again due to conditions.

Well a couple of points. Canceling due to conditions is fully understandable. It happens. Dealing with that is part of being a diver. Before moving to FL, on my numerous trips from Indianapolis to Morehead City NC (a 15-hr drive), I was easily blown out 50% of the time. On one memorable planned 4-day wreck diving trip, we never got our gear wet. We were blown out all four days. On my trips to various Great Lakes wreck diving destinations, I was blown out roughly 25% of the time, some trips 50%. It was honestly a fantastic trip if we did not get weathered out at least once. Bottom line is that it happens and always will. The ocean is a fickle mistress.

As to the dive site changing, if you aren't bringing an entire group with you, you as a single diver get just one vote or as a buddy pair you get two votes. If you want to absolutely get on a specific site, you need to be with a group or organize a group that has the majority of seats on the boat. Or charter your own boat entirely. Just because you may have been first to book doesn't allow you to pick the site. That's just not how the business works. It isn't first to book but most butts in seats that typically win out. That is the only way to be guaranteed your vote will prevail. Other than that, you need to roll with it. I do that constantly as a single diver. Just happy to be underwater. Take me wherever the boat is going, drop me safely, pick me up safely, let me do my thing and I'm happy.

Just my 2 cents.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom