Diving when stormy in Ambergris Caye?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

"]Because we are in the island the storm pass quickly, on the other hand the mainland is where we get much of the storms. The winds is what will stop us crom diving.[/QUOTE]

Our experience in Placencia is that when it is too windy to go out, then that is the time to do inland adventure tours. The wind is not a factor in the jungle which is right next door.

Awesome to hear and thanks! 40ft vis and 80+ degree water sounds great to me any day :D (This year has been all cold water 5-30ft vis for me so far!)

Chances are you'll have much better visibility than 40', likely double that...and I mean clear visibility too. Yup, many just wear a chaffing shirt. I prefer a shorty over a lightweight long sleeve sun blocker, but I chill easy. I have never been anything but 100% comfortable temperature-wise on every dive down here.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom