Diving with BSAC

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DORSETBOY:
where you looking to dive Steve? If you're up my way (scotland) drop me a pm if you fancy a dive. There's good diving either in S.E scotland or over on the west coast. i prefer west coast personally as you can dive any time you like in the sea lochs as tidal conditions are rarely a consideration.
Well...back when I posted it looked like I was going to get a job which would send me back to England for 1-2 months this summer. Unfortunately I didn't get the job, so no extended "vacation" to England for me yet. Mind you, when I do get that holiday in I would like to visit Edinburgh, so it might be possible then. My uni club used to dive Oban every year.

DrSteve:
Well...back when I posted it looked like I was going to get a job which would send me back to England for 1-2 months this summer. Unfortunately I didn't get the job, so no extended "vacation" to England for me yet. Mind you, when I do get that holiday in I would like to visit Edinburgh, so it might be possible then. My uni club used to dive Oban every year.

Im probably going to be rocked to death for this but are there any good wreck dives or low vis stuff like i see on discovery t.v.? I heard about a place where theres military tanks and airplanes but I lost the info. Anyone have any pics they want to swap? Ive got some awesome south pacific pics and some good florida ones too!

if you're down on the south coast a good and 'easy' wreck dive is the Eagle Lane just outside Plymouth, they've also deliberately sunk HMS Scylla there as well.

up here in scotland there's scapa flow but it's a bugger to get too being at the 'top end' of the uk. Ive found a few wreck dives in local areas like loch long / loch fyne and there's some wrecks about 20 yards from shore opposite the sub base on the clyde.

UK's blessed with a lot of wreck dives, I find www.ukdiving.co.uk to have the best site for uk wrecks.

Back
Top Bottom