Diving With Capt Sl8r Charters on March 30, 2013

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Murfdizzle21

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
On March 30, 2013 I went out with Capt Sl8r Charts and Scuba Works aboard their boat the Kyalami. Conditions were great! Flat seas, top to bottom viz, and critters everywhere. First dive was at a site called Monkey's Ledge. Saw a couple reef sharks off in the distance, a large loggerhead swimming, lots of goliath groupers, large barracudas were everywhere, and I got to see my first Eagle Ray out in the ocean (seen them before at the BHB). I was told by other divers who saw the large eagle ray, that they saw a school of about 8 eagle rays (all of whom were huge). Second dive was at tunnels, we were greeted by goliaths and reef sharks at the beginning of the dive, saw a large southern stingray on our way to the donut. At the donut we found a few more reef sharks. It was a great day to be in the ocean. Hoping to go with them tomorrow morning as well. Thanks for watching, feel free to leave comments and share.

[video=youtube;4HA0Tk5EjQo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4HA0Tk5EjQo[/video]

not to sound like an a** but do you work for this charter? I feel like at least once a week I see a post about going out on this specific charter. Anyhow, nice video :)

great dive, great video. do you use a red filter?

Thanks a lot, I do use a red filter. I use the SRP (Snake River Prototyping) CYD dome filter for the hero 3.

not to sound like an a** but do you work for this charter? I feel like at least once a week I see a post about going out on this specific charter. Anyhow, nice video :)

I do not work for them,I'm just a happy customer who keeps coming back. I dive with them every weekend that I can. I have been diving for just over a year now, and I have done all my diving with Scuba Works and Captain Sl8r Charters and they make me feel like I'm diving with friends and family.

Last edited:
Mickey, been waiting for this video all week. Great work as usual. Wish I could have gotten out there last weekend! Sadly it will probably be another 2 weeks before I can dive again.

Mickey, been waiting for this video all week. Great work as usual. Wish I could have gotten out there last weekend! Sadly it will probably be another 2 weeks before I can dive again.

Thanks Sean, hope to see you out there soon. I went out with them on Saturday morning and hit the wreck trek and got some great footage of bull sharks and cobia.

Nice work Mickey. Can't wait to visit your playground.

You won't be disappointed. This weekend's viz wasn't that great but we still saw tons of sharks. Should have another video up in a couple of days.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom