Diving With Glasses?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Prestonhf01

Registered
Reaction score
i have glasses and i dive without them but it is sometimes diffucult to see meters and ect... which i belive is a big red light anyhow.

i was wondering is there anyway i can dive with glasses or get certian type of contacts?keeping in mind i will be taking underwater welding next year?

yes, you can wear normal contacts. if you are in need of magnification, there are little sticky lenses you can put in the bottom of your mask glass to make them kindof bifocals. you can get prescription masks made to suit you. or you can go for lasek like i did! woo hoo! what a difference!

I just wear contacts when diving, you don't need any special kind. Dunno anything about UW welding, presumably you'll have some eye protection seperate from your mask & corrective lenses. Have to check with the school about those issues.

I wear a mask that has my Rx....have you tried that? are you just farsighted or nearsighted too?

hmm...then those glue on bifocals should work for you...unless you wanted to get something that is exactly your strength, like Chad suggests

Anything you want...

Many divers dive with contacts. There is a risk of one floating away if you open your eyes to the water but they are cheap. From what I read they rarely get away. A bit of a squint will usually keep them in place when flooded.

For a simple prescription a number of masks offer stock prescription lenses. Ask your dive shop.

I have bifocal overlays bonded to the inside. They solved my problems.

There are the cling-on overlays for your near vision help and I hear they hang on quite well.

My big point is to act on this. You will be a safer diver with good instrument vision and the close up sights will also be nicer. Overall you should end your dive more comfortable. Oh, and you're going to need all the help you can get for underwater welding.

Pete

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom