Diving with Liquid Blue, where should I stay?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lasnyder

Registered
Reaction score
Will be going in a month, would like something nice and roomy, preferably with a fridge, nice view and walking distance to town. Don't want a cramped hotel room. Thanks in advance.
Larry

lasnyder:
Will be going in a month, would like something nice and roomy, preferably with a fridge, nice view and walking distance to town. Don't want a cramped hotel room. Thanks in advance.
Larry

Have all of those pre-requisites. Hotel Vista del mar has ocean view rooms, recently remodeled, mini fridges, robes, continental breakfast, and is in town. Request a room on the 3rd or 4th floor, ocean view. www.hotelvistadelmar.com

Other nice hotels, although may not meet all of your criteria are:
Casa Mexicana - roomy, nice, ocean view available, no fridge
Villas Las Anclas - Studio style, roomy, kitchenettes, in town, one block back from ocean
Hacienda San Miguel - studio style, full kitchens, one block from water, several blocks north of town
Caribe Blu - big rooms, ocean view, convenient for boat pick-up, short taxi into town

You'll have a great time diving with them!

lasnyder:
Larry

Hotel Bahia. Clean, downtown, free internet in the lobby, free continental breakfast, great price, across the street from the dive pier.

lasnyder:
Do they both have docks for pick up? What about a beach bar?
Thanks

Based on your prerequisites, you may not find one hotel that meets all of them.

Downtown hotels will not have beaches or piers. They can have nice views and kitchenettes with mini fridges and are obviously close to town.

Northern hotels will be oceanfront, but are not walking distance to town and are inconvenient for divers.

Plaza Las Glorias and Hotel Cozumel are larger hotels/resorts and both have piers, but not really beaches. They have pools and manmade beaches. No mini fridge in the rooms.

The southern hotel/resorts are all-inclusives and are not close to town.

Tell us what your most important piorities in a hotel are and we can help you pick the one that most closely suits your needs.

We don't mind taking a taxi to town or walking there, however when it comes to being picked up for the diving I want that as effortless as possible. Would like to be able to do a little snorkeling from shore, and want a room that has a view of the water. Sounds like caribe blue will do the trick.

Plaza Las Glorias does have a mini fridge in the room. Stayed there twice and I'm going back in 10 days.

lasnyder:
Do they both have docks for pick up? What about a beach bar?
Thanks

Carib Blu is a small nice ocean front hotel rooms face the big blue with nice balconies no beach area to speak of. Pool and a restaurant/bar that serves breakfast and lunch. Has a pier for pickup they just got through remodeling Haven't seen it yet but heard it is really nice. 3.00-4.00US cab ride to town or 20 min walk. http://www.cozumel-hotels.net/la-reina/inform.htm

Vista del Mar is a downtown hotel the pick up pier I believe is across the street or a short walk. Never stayed there. the hotel of course is in the center of all the action restuarants shopping etc. http://www.cozumel-hotels.net/vistadelmar/

I have seen the remodeled rooms at Caribe Blu (second floor not yet started) & they are quite comfortable & functional, abeit not luxurious. I have described the changes in prior posts to this forum & a search should reveal them.

In the meantime, I've responded to your PM & forwarded info on a package deal that is a real steal.

Best regards.

DocVikingo

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom