Diving with Sea Turtles and Protune!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

irsubmarine

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
So I made a second attempt at a video. :popcorn: Another singular subject this time. Met this turtle on a dive that was predominately supposed to be about Bullrays. I have a lot of footage so I decided to focus just on the turtle and make another video later about the Bullrays.

Big difference with my previous videos is that I'm now using Protune on my GoPro Black 5. IOS 1200, white balance: native and color: flat. Recorded at 60fps to slow down any footage as needed. 1080p resolution. I've found that this allows me to have way (WAY) better color correction abilities in post than when using auto WB and GoPro color mode. I'm pretty sure this is the way to go at the moment (besides adding video lights to the mix).

Also, I'm curious what you guys set your ISO to? Since I don't have video lights my imagery tends to be a little darker when I set it to 400 ISO. So, I accept a slightly higher level of grain in order for my shots to be a little lights. Any thoughts on that?

Lemme know what you think!

Awesome video! Felt like I got to know the turtle lol. Also, matching scene changes with the beat of the music is a small yet very effective detail.

Thanks chubadoodman! I'm seeing all sort of possibilities with the beat matching... Feels more in sync that way right?

Back
Top Bottom