DIY Dive Computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

any chance this thread has offsprings/forks somewhere on the boards?
new age ARM/RISC-V style revival maybe?

I have a friend in Mexico who did this, so it's definitely possible. But I would avoid anything DIY for life support

I’m honestly more interested in the engineering instead of making a „primary“ computer for myself— I wouldn’t even trust a finished certified product a 100% 😅

Don’t get me wrong, would be cool to make my own custom DC, I‘d even go as far why not bring something to market, but I also dive 2 SP g2 for a reason, an engineer is always suspicious 🤷🏽‍♀️

Rasbery Pi with screen+ 2-4 capacitive switches + pressure sensor + 3D hall sensor + GPS module + NTC temp sensor...

Biggest cost is enclosure with plexi or glass screen and washers.

Summa summarum ( from my experiences at DIY light built ) it is much much cheaper if you just by comp and spent money for diving.

DIY is always justified and reasonable if something is really done strictly costum and unavailable on the market.

Back
Top Bottom