DIY Dry Glove Rings/Gloves for $18 (from back in December, 2005)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

utiladude

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I found the post "DIY Dry Glove Rings/Gloves" form back in Dec, 2005. I want to give this a shot (making my own dry gloves & rings), but all the pictures (Attachments and Attached Thumbnails) are not there anymore.

"One picture is worth a thousand words". Can I still see those attachments or are they gone?

The post is:
http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/making-your-own-gear/123674-diy-dry-glove-rings-gloves-18-a.html
or just do a search for: 'Quickie brand Professional latex gloves'.

Has anyone have any success about making your own dry gloves & rings system? My wrists do not seal well so wet gloves just don't work for me.

Thanks

go to page 11 in that thread...there are some pictures.
U/O

Thanks U/O
I saw those pictures, I wanted to see as many pictures as I could, somehow the seals on my suit are on the small side, the PVC was too big and I didn't want to over stretch and ruin the seals. I bought some Atlas 660 and a few others to test (turn them upside down). I ended buying the 'Viking Classic Rings' and happy so far, the unfinished DIY helped me deciding the type of system I wanted. I might permanently glue the rings to the drysuit so I can quickly install a new seal if needed to.
Bill

Thanks U/O
I saw those pictures, I wanted to see as many pictures as I could, somehow the seals on my suit are on the small side, the PVC was too big and I didn't want to over stretch and ruin the seals. I bought some Atlas 660 and a few others to test (turn them upside down). I ended buying the 'Viking Classic Rings' and happy so far, the unfinished DIY helped me deciding the type of system I wanted. I might permanently glue the rings to the drysuit so I can quickly install a new seal if needed to.
Bill

You can actually install latex seals into the Viking classic cuffs without gluing...if there is enough left of the old seal you can slip the new seal over it and install the outer ring.

U/O

Back
Top Bottom