DIY Electric Undergarment

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sambolino44

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm going to try to "electrify" my wife's drysuit undergarment. She showed me a thread on here with some tips on how to do it, but it was really for motorcycle clothing, not diving.

The thing I'm looking for help with is the switch. I was hoping to find a rocker switch that I could mount into a thin housing, or even better, one that's already mounted. I think we can mount this in a place where she can operate it through her suit with heavy gloves on. We're going diving today, so I'll scope out areas that might work; it has to be somewhere she can reach with all her gear on, and not interfere with straps, etc.

Where you 'll put battery pack - (under clothes I assumed- due to ''for motorcycle clothing'' ?) ?.... And if your wife get inside dry suit some water - moisture leaks trough cuffs ,zip...?

Battery must be that's why watertight special at Li-xx battery type (like motocyclist heat west have) to prevent shortcuts even , explosion. ... burnings ......ELSE might :blessing:.

Thats why and because of size is battery pack normaly stored in canister . Electricy is routed normaly through front suit valve like
SantiDiving - drysuits & undersuits for divers

thermovalve_2.jpg

Simplest wayto operate withr switch is trough clothes via magnet , which mean reed switch or even hall monopolar switch but because flows through switch some powerfull el. current ( cca +5 Amp), needs be right size dimensioned and that mean power add-on like power fet or power rellay

Back
Top Bottom