DIY lens carriers??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gtxl1200

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have the Xz-1 the pt50 housing, PTWC-01 wide angl and another macro lens. I don't have time right now to get the Inon lens cadies. Does anyone use or have ideas for a DIY project so I can carry both lenses on a dive? I wear a back Plate and wng. So I don't have pockets.

What kind of arm(s) do you have on your tray?

What size threads do you have on your wet-mount lenses?

You could purchase a couple of stepdown rings in the appropriate diameter for your lenses with the greatest reduction available for the stepdown portion. For example, if you have 67mm dia. threads on the wet lenses, a 67mm to 50mm stepdown ring would let you attach the lenses to the 67mm part of the ring. The web of metal for the inner, smaller diameter ring would permit you to attach this to a block. I used counter sunk flathead nylon screws for this purpose. This would then permit you to attach the assembly to one of your arms.

I zip tied mine to my strobe arm. It can rotate so I can keep my w/a wet lens facing in towards the camera for protection.

Ok I see what your saying.. but I'm confused on the zip tying part. What is ziptied to the strobe arm?

I attached the stepdown ring to a block of plastic with a round channel cut into the opposite side. The channel goes part way around my strobe arm. I simply secured the fabricated lens mount to the strobe arm with some zip ties.

Attachments

• Lens Caddy126.jpg
    Lens Caddy126.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 144
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom