DIY Trim weight / tank weight question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CPT OZZY

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
IÃÎ looking for suggestions on how I can redistribute some of my weight from my weight pockets to my tank or BC Tank plate. My BC is a Mares Epic/Vector.
IÃÅ like to:
1) shift 1-2 lbs up to the upper part of the tank / between my shoulder blades for trim,

and

2) IÃÅ like to take another 2-4 lbs out of my pockets. I was thinking of fabricating a thin steel plate and place it between the plastic tank holder and the bc cloth.

Any suggestions? IÃÎ not sure where to get tank weights or how to secure them so they donÃÕ slip or shift, and of course donÃÕ want to destroy my bc.

Thanks

XS Scuba makes some decent, inexpensive weight pockets that'll slip onto cam straps. Each pocket will take a 5 lbs hard weight (IIRC). That would be an easy way to experiment with weight redistribution

Henrik

XS Scuba makes some decent, inexpensive weight pockets that'll slip onto cam straps. Each pocket will take a 5 lbs hard weight (IIRC). That would be an easy way to experiment with weight redistribution

Yeah, what he said :banana:

From looking a pics on the web it seems this may not work for you but, if you can get to the plastic backing, which on most models includes a handle and ridgid backing that is hollow. Get some lead pellets and drill a whole in the casing and fill it with the lead pellets and seal it back up. I've done it with my backpacks for winter diving to keep the excess weight off of my back and works excellent, just it makes putting the backpacks on the tank a little more difficult, but it's a cheap and you can't forget or lose your ballast. + or - depending on how you look at it.

Back
Top Bottom