DIY Weight Pouches?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I sewed some old net curtains into a whole bunch of pouches...
different sizes, I doubled up the fabric so that I have 2 thicknesses (this is a pain but makes soft flexible conformable bags) then weighed out lead shot on my kitchen scales, and poured it in... then finished the holes in the top by bar tacking across with zigzag on my sewing machine... again a pain.

To finish them off I made some exact copies of Halcyon's 10lb pockets, and improved them a bunch with adjustable buckles.... work real nice :)

I just finished a few weights myself. I got my girlfriend to sew the pouch out of some light jean material. Everything is double stitched with a zigzag type stitch across that, so it isn't going anywhere. I even got a number with the amount of weight sewn onto the pouch. I love them.

I also used some rip-stop nylon and some lead shot from a ripped 10kg weight bag. After fighting an unruly sewing machine for an hour, I convinced my GF to sew them for me. :thumbs-up

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom