DIY Wetnote pages HELP NEEDED

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Loeth

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I have a wetnote i hate the thin sheets of synthetic paper, it stick to much togeather and they break to easy, plus i wont need 25 pages.
so was hoping someone know of something simular to the slates in material, surface, and thickness as the PADI Slates. as i like the 0.5mm thickness and 8-10 of them would be perfect.
Cant seem to find any material to use or blank slates.

Flexible cutting board material works.

Or a commercial product like this:
Cards, Slate, A6, Blank, Plastic (5 Cards), Kit Monster
thats a great idea, only downside is to fit a wetnote you need the B5 size and thats 12£ for 3 cards, if you want 10 than its gonna be expencive, but apart form that its great. finding it weird that no one is selling slates like the padi slates in blank as they are great for writing
And cant seem to find the material anywhere, so i could cut my owne

Been looking and found something called pla plate. Anyone know if that would work?

Been looking and found something called pla plate. Anyone know if that would work?
Google didn't show me anything by that name.

You can write on pvc pipe, hspa sheets (.5mm cutting board as I mentioned, old floppy disks as well as various recycled containers. Try a few materials in your sink. You may be surprised.

Regards,
Cameron

Google didn't show me anything by that name.

You can write on pvc pipe, hspa sheets (.5mm cutting board as I mentioned, old floppy disks as well as various recycled containers. Try a few materials in your sink. You may be surprised.

Regards,
Cameron

tamiya pla plate, its someone model builders use. seems its a compressed styrene, seems flexible and strong

yea seen a lot of stuff there was duable, but would like to make pages for the wetnote so it fit, so a 10x17cm is needed. was the plan from the start and would like to keep that plan if possible

tamiya pla plate, its someone model builders use. seems its a compressed styrene, seems flexible and strong

yea seen a lot of stuff there was duable, but would like to make pages for the wetnote so it fit, so a 10x17cm is needed. was the plan from the start and would like to keep that plan if possible

That styrene plastic is easy to write on, a cautionary note don't leave it in the sun. it's popular with model builders because it is easily reshaped by heating.

That styrene plastic is easy to write on, a cautionary note don't leave it in the sun. it's popular with model builders because it is easily reshaped by heating.

oh thats a great info to have, but all in all i think it will work till i get a proper pvc sheet in 0.5mm, just cant seem to find them bigger then a smart card

Take apart several old 3.5inch floppy disc. They have a textured surface made to write on with a pencil. Use a short piece of surgical tubing to attach a pencil sharpened on one end just enough to insert it into the tubing. Pass the other end of the tubing through the ready made hole in the corner of the disc and tie a stopper knot.

These old floppies can be reused or tossed away as they are very inexpensive.

Back
Top Bottom