Why YOU Need WetNotes...And a bonus wetnote story

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

At the risk of turning this into the Croquis thread...

(So, if you got here through search, go watch Jim's ( @jagfish ) video in post 1 first.)

Croquis tethering:

You can put a small loop of #18 -- or a whole tether. The only tricky bit is that the lead holder (white part) comes up into the cap (gray part) at the point of maximum retraction. So, if you retract fully and have a big knot in there, retracting will pop the cap right off. If you haven't already used some lead, you may want to use some or snip some off so you can retract.

croquis (2).png croquis (4).png

If you do a loop, you can then clip it, girth hitch to bungee, etc:

croquis (6).png croquis (1).png

Previously, I didn't think a 1/8 bungee would fit -- but I was wrong. My black bungee is 3/16, or old and swollen, or both.

Shout out to Paracord Planet, for variety, fast shipping, good pricing, and low free-ship minimum. (No affiliation, just satisfied.) I got some 1/8 and some 1/16. The 1/16 is even slimmer than #18 line, but it's not great to handle:
croquis (3).png

1/8 is better, though, and juuuust barely fits:
croquis (5).png

A single overhand bend will squeeze inside the grey part, and the whole thing pops back together easily:
croquis (8).png
croquis (7).png

At the risk of turning this into the Croquis thread...

(So, if you got here through search, go watch Jim's ( @jagfish ) video in post 1 first.)

Croquis tethering:

You can put a small loop of #18 -- or a whole tether. The only tricky bit is that the lead holder (white part) comes up into the cap (gray part) at the point of maximum retraction. So, if you retract fully and have a big knot in there, retracting will pop the cap right off. If you haven't already used some lead, you may want to use some or snip some off so you can retract.

View attachment 621538 View attachment 621539

If you do a loop, you can then clip it, girth hitch to bungee, etc:

View attachment 621537 View attachment 621535

Previously, I didn't think a 1/8 bungee would fit -- but I was wrong. My black bungee is 3/16, or old and swollen, or both.

Shout out to Paracord Planet, for variety, fast shipping, good pricing, and low free-ship minimum. (No affiliation, just satisfied.) I got some 1/8 and some 1/16. The 1/16 is even slimmer than #18 line, but it's not great to handle:
View attachment 621540

1/8 is better, though, and juuuust barely fits:
View attachment 621536

A single overhand bend will squeeze inside the grey part, and the whole thing pops back together easily:
View attachment 621541
View attachment 621542
Great post!

Back
Top Bottom