DM Card

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DRomano

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
If you have recently received your Padi Divemaster card could you please provide what your card reads to the right of your picture? Does your number have a DM in front of it?

My new card does not have DM in front of my number and it reads: 2009 RENEWED This member holds a current membership with PADI but does not meet the specified requirements for Active Status. Expires 31 Dec 2009.

Is this right? What does ……..does not meet the specified requirements for Active Status…mean?

Is your insurance current? DO they know it's current? THere was another post awhile back about someone's insurance info getting screwed up. That is usually the only reason it would say that unless there is a Quality issue against you.

It probably means that you don't have insurance or if you do then PADI isn't or wasn't aware of it when they sent your card. When you get insurance you should get a new stick for the card. Or if you have insurance you should be getting a sticker in the mail from PADI.

I agree, it's probably an insurance issue. Give PADI a call; it's an easy matter to resolve. :)

you can check what PADI thinks your status is yourself. Just log in to the pro's area on the PADI site, click through to members toolbox and click on Prochek. Then just enter your number and the text from that anti-spam thing.

And the other guys are right. Normally if you've paid your membership but you don't have current insurance they call you renewed but not authorized to teach. The same thing can happen if you have insurance through someone other than PADI because of adminstrative delays. If you have insurance and they list you as not authorized then you just need to send them an email with the details.

If you can't figure it out, PM me your number and I'll give you a hand.

R..

If you have recently received your Padi Divemaster card could you please provide what your card reads to the right of your picture? Does your number have a DM in front of it?

It won't have a DM in front of it. Your PADI member number is yours for life, and if you go on to do your AI or OWSI, you'll still have the same number with a new prefix...but the prefix won't be on those cards either :)

As everybody else has said, the active status is likely an insurance issue. If you need to expedite the process, you can try getting a copy of the insurance certificate and faxing it directly to PADI. I went through this when I did my AI, and was already an OWSI by the time they sorted it all out.

I don't know why they bother with the sticker since they seem to put it on every card. They should just change the text on the card itself. Somehere in CA some poor person has to paste a sticker on each of the cards.

Back
Top Bottom