DM or ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sheck33

Thanks for the info. The content of the cource looks really good. However, the closest to me is in Sweden in September- no specifics (Sweden is a Very long country!). That's the time when I'll be doing the emergency responce cource. Furthermore, I don't really like the idea of bying all new gear just to take a course, which seem to be the requirement - or am I wrong?

DameDykker once bubbled...
sheck33

Thanks for the info. The content of the cource looks really good. However, the closest to me is in Sweden in September- no specifics (Sweden is a Very long country!). That's the time when I'll be doing the emergency responce cource. Furthermore, I don't really like the idea of bying all new gear just to take a course, which seem to be the requirement - or am I wrong?

you dont really have to buy a new setup for this course, usually they will let you rent what you need. However doing DIRF in the regular setup most divers dive with will make you miss many of the unique and useful aspects of their setup, some exercises will be a lot harder to do especially air sharing. I know where you are coming from, i am in the proces of replacing most of my gear and it is expensive but i think it is well worth it, this gear change is going from driving a beetle to diving a porsche as far as i am concerned, many 'non-DIR' divers i dive with are impressed and very interested :mean:

DameDykker once bubbled...
landlocked

No relatives on Bornholm. Are you a secret Dane?
Sort of. My greatgrandfather crossed the big water and settled here in the United States. We still consider ourselves danish. They say that 3rd generation imigrants are always interested in their roots. That would be true with me. I think I shall have to come for a visit someday. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom