DM Pay Poll

Divemaster Pay

• I assist with OW/other courses and get paid at least minimum wage.

Votes: 10 22.2%
  • I assist with OW/other courses and don't get paid at all (other than tips)

Votes: 35 77.8%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TMHeimer

Contributor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Dartmouth,NS,Canada(Eastern Passage-Atlantic)
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I put this in Basic to get the biggest response. Mods feel free to move it.
I did not include DM led programs such as DSD, Scuba Review, etc.--You may want to comment on that.
Did not include DMing charter boats--for salary. Again you may want to comment.
No point to include discussions on tips for anything or perks received as we've all been through that enough.

Just want to get a real idea of what the %s are here.

I assisted classes for two years and worked as a DM on boats our shop chartered. Never received a penny. Since I was working for the shop and not part of the boat crew I didn't share in any tips either. I usually got a free boat ride, though. :(

$5.00 per student for OW I & OW II split between the DM's if there is more than one working the Class. In short it barely covers gas if it's in town and a big class, if it's out of town it won't even cover gas let alone lodging. It can be an expensive job.

I get paid £35/day, plus gas fills do free when in working (always nitric), free site entry when I'm not working (I work at an inland site), free hot drinks, food at half price, and 50% off fills, including trimix, when I'm not working. My insurance is also taken care of. It's not masses amount of money, but it pays for my diving and kit maintainence.

I get paid £35/day, plus gas fills do free when in working (always nitric), free site entry when I'm not working (I work at an inland site), free hot drinks, food at half price, and 50% off fills, including trimix, when I'm not working. My insurance is also taken care of. It's not masses amount of money, but it pays for my diving and kit maintainence.
Is the 35 payment for assisting with courses?

Unless you answer, you cannot see the poll results. I am not a DM, but I would like to see the results.

- Bill
So far 5 to 1 no pay. The 1 is from U.K.

How many hours is that 'day'?

I didn't realise Monsoon ran a dive site :)

From my DM friends in Thailand they say on avg you can expect 1,000 baht ( 28USD or $37 CAD ) a day 8:30am - 4pm ( on avg ) you make alot more if your DSD leader ( 2,000 B + )

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom