DM4 will not install - no satisfaction from support

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ladyfishdvr

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I just purchased a Suunto Zoop. I wanted to be able to download into my computer my dive information. I cannot install the Suunto DM4 software. Opened a ticket with support. They gave me a reply which I tried. It still will not install.

This diving computer is useless to me if I cannot download my dives into my computer. I am very unhappy. The instructions provided by support were useless. I did as suggested and nothing installs now. Not from the cd or the website.

This was not inexpensive for me. I want something that works. I am totally disgusted, and yes I went back to support to tell them the suggestion did not work. What help can you offer?

use Suunto DM 3.10 with your Zoop
link in other messages

I tried to download that from one of the links but it was not available.

I just purchased a Suunto Zoop. I wanted to be able to download into my computer my dive information. I cannot install the Suunto DM4 software. Opened a ticket with support. They gave me a reply which I tried. It still will not install.

This diving computer is useless to me if I cannot download my dives into my computer. I am very unhappy. The instructions provided by support were useless. I did as suggested and nothing installs now. Not from the cd or the website.

This was not inexpensive for me. I want something that works. I am totally disgusted, and yes I went back to support to tell them the suggestion did not work. What help can you offer?

Why don't you give SubSurface a try. Open Source, free, and if you ever change computers, it will follow you.

Subsurface | An open source divelog

What computer and operating system are you using? Are you using the Suunto cable, or a cable from a third party like CustomIdea?

MacDive + Suunto cable, no issues. DM4 on a Mac, no issues either.

What computer and operating system are you using? Are you using the Suunto cable, or a cable from a third party like CustomIdea?

Computer is a Dell Latitude laptop, WIndows 7 - 32 bit with a Suunto cable.

---------- Post added June 7th, 2013 at 07:33 AM ----------

Why don't you give SubSurface a try. Open Source, free, and if you ever change computers, it will follow you.

Subsurface | An open source divelog

This looks interesting I will have to give it a try.

I have found that DM4 will only install on windows if you are on the administrator login. It would not install on any of the alternate user accounts. This fixed my issue.

ladyfishdvr,

I apologize, I have been unable to check the forums for a few days. When trying to install DM4 what is actually occurring? Are you receiving any kind of error message?

Best Regards,
Chris from Suunto

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom