Do advertisers get to write their own rules?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FishTaco:
mdb,
Thank you for your kind and generous offer, however, I'm afraid it would be a waste of your time and effort. I'm already very pleased with the performance of my current fins and split fin designs just don't work very well with my type of diving.

What about some of the bio-seals ? Hasn't your neck seal been leaking lately ? :wink:

Back to the issue of not being able to put some folks on ignore (mainly folks with mod privileges) - as others have mentioned, there are ways around it. It just takes a simple request for some divine intervention from the folks in the back room. The ignore feature works well as a noise filter ... you can still choose to view posts that you think may be useful.

riguerin:
What about some of the bio-seals ? Hasn't your neck seal been leaking lately ? :wink:
Ahhh Rick,...You let the cat out of the bag...I admit it, I use an Apollo bio-seal, only out of necessity though. The manager of my local scuba shop screwed the pooch and mis-measured for a replacement neoprene neck seal, so I bought an Apollo bio-seal.

It's a great little product that actually works, its never leaked and no more neck rash!:14:

Chris

FishTaco:
mdb,
Thank you for your kind and generous offer, however, I'm afraid it would be a waste of your time and effort. I'm already very pleased with the performance of my current fins and split fin designs just don't work very well with my type of diving.

Take care,
Chris

Chris,

How do you know that? Did you give it a try, or is it what you read on SB or were taught in class? I have both jet fins and split fins. My splits are a hybrid design, fairly stiff, that I made myself from a pair of stiff paddle fins. I prefer the splits mainly because the foot pocket fits my high arch better. I see little difference in my ability to do alternative kicks with them. The splits probably don't back up quite as well, but they work better in stronger currents when I have to resort to a flutter kick.

awap:
Chris,

How do you know that? Did you give it a try, or is it what you read on SB or were taught in class? I have both jet fins and split fins. My splits are a hybrid design, fairly stiff, that I made myself from a pair of stiff paddle fins. I prefer the splits mainly because the foot pocket fits my high arch better. I see little difference in my ability to do alternative kicks with them. The splits probably don't back up quite as well, but they work better in stronger currents when I have to resort to a flutter kick.

Well, I actually own a pair of Bio-Fins , I purchased them 8 or 9 years ago, before I was pushing 150 + pounds of equipment through the water.

I have tried numerous brands of split fins in the pool, and none of them perform as well as jet fins when using a back kick or other subtle adjustment fin flicks with heavy doubles,along with stage or deco bottles. Split fins are fine if a diver doesn't require precision positioning skills, such that we use in tight confines or on ascents.

Chris

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom