Do all rebreathers require a bailout bottle on board ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yikes, that's more than a dive-ready JJ.
About the same on all the sites I could find a JJ for sale, but the JJ doesn't have solid state cells which do add to the cost. Don't get me wrong, the JJ is one heck of a machine but once you go solid state you won't go back. There is also a LOT more going on under the hood of the Poseidon that most folks aren't aware of, blame poor marketing for that I guess. As far as tech to keep you alive and compensate for human error there are no machines quite like it. Of course, that's a downside to many folks and that's perfectly fine.

There is also a LOT more going on under the hood ...
That's actually one reason why I wouldn't want one. Simple is good IMHO, especially for cave and deco diving.
They seem to be very cheap in the used market, at least in Europe... doesn't seem like they're really catching on for some reason.

The SSS does sound nifty though.

I have not checked the latest, but I recall that solid state cells were soon to no longer be a Poseidon only. That has been a rumor for years. But at the price point that Poseidon sells them for, I'm not exactly jumping on board.

Poseidon seven sport

Honestly, that’s the last unit I’d consider and I’m certed on most of the common units.

To put it into perspective, I’d dive a rEvo again before I bought the Poseidon.

…There is also a LOT more going on under the hood of the Poseidon that most folks aren't aware of…

Can we have some examples please?

Not being flippant, I’m genuinely curious what you are referring to.

Honestly, that’s the last unit I’d consider and I’m certed on most of the common units.

Oof lol

How long are you going to be without it every time you have to send it off for the 100hr service? I think it locks out after a certain time period too

Can you be more descriptive on why for those two in particular?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom