Do MARES not care about their ICON users?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Griffo

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Dear Mares,

Myself and a number of other users have an issue with a constantly changing date on the ICON. Every week now I go to use it, the date and time has shifted and I have to change it. If I forget, I end up with entries with the wrong time and date. It's not going to kill me, but it does make it hard to reconcile dives at the end of a long trip.

Do Mares not care about fixing this bug? Even as a bottom timer, it's now relegated to being sub standard.

P.S what is the logic behind disabling the compass in bottom timer mode? Why would BT users not want to use the inbuilt compass?

Hi OzGriffo,

may be you should use the Facebook page of Mares and post there. There they asked for costumers using the Icon HD (non AI) to report time shift issues, because the say that device wouldn't have that problem. I can't promise faster response but there it is very exposed cause a lot of customers are reading the FB site.

Regards

Uli Deussen

you will get ZERO response regarding firmware and/or software here from Mares. Ask a question about a fin buckle, and they are helpful... .:shakehead:

So is the issue happening with the non-A/I versions as well? A friend just bought one Saturday, and I am trying to find out info for him.

So is the issue happening with the non-A/I versions as well? A friend just bought one Saturday, and I am trying to find out info for him.

Yes. I have two of them running the latest firmware. Initially only one unit seemed to do it, now both do.

You can see below (hopefully) that the two units have both changed time, but in different amounts.
The unit on the left says 8:07 am on the 2nd of May.
The unit on the right says 7.57am on the 2nd of February.
The actual time should show 10:18am on the 22nd of May. All were previously syncronised within a minute.

icon-time.jpg

Last edited:
Will never again buy a Computer or any other electronics from them...... I have a PUCK and have tried to get help before and never a solution or help.....

They are off my list.......

Thanks for the info. I will have my buddy watch out for it to see if it happens to his. This is as bad as Dive Rite with their Nitek Q software! Well, this is probably worse. At least with the Q the computer is not the issue.

Will never again buy a Computer or any other electronics from them...... I have a PUCK and have tried to get help before and never a solution or help.....

They are off my list.......

I'd decided to never buy anything off them again. But the Liquidskin mask they gave me for the exploding power supply is actually really good... and their wetsuits were the most comfortable front-entry 5mm suits i could find off the rack...

I'd decided to never buy anything off them again. But the Liquidskin mask they gave me for the exploding power supply is actually really good... and their wetsuits were the most comfortable front-entry 5mm suits i could find off the rack...

PIE still dive a wet suit from them..... Like I said computer and electronics are off my list..... They have other good products....

Well the Facebook suggestion seems to have worked. They are sending me a beta fimware to try.
If they are going to use Facebook as the mechanism to contact them, they really should advertise that on their website. They have no contact details at all on their site.

Back
Top Bottom