Do MARES not care about their ICON users?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well the Facebook suggestion seems to have worked. They are sending me a beta fimware to try.
If they are going to use Facebook as the mechanism to contact them, they really should advertise that on their website. They have no contact details at all on their site.

Hi OzGriffo,

they shows their FB area on their website! (Lower, right corner).
Bild2.jpg

You are a lucky guy to get the beta. They promised to send it to me too, but still I got nothing.

Uli

Hi all,First I apologize for not being more active here on the board. It has been a very busy 2 quarters with work, with an unusual amount of travel and business. The forementioned has precluded me from being overly involved on the board. I am also not a computer engineer so I don't have the answers to many of the questions re: computers that are presented here. I spoke with VP of Mares WW and he suggested (as did pumuckle) to post an issue you have re: the computers on the Mares FB page. Our HQ in Italy is engaged daily on FB. I think you will find some solutions, answers, and better help re: the computers there. Also, if you are in N.America, you can also submit an email with a question or problem re: computers specifically to Brad at 51divwar@us.mares.com. Outside of N. America, I believe the FB page will be best.I am going to make a stronger effort to have a quicker response here on the board and will do my best to help as many as possible. Best regards,Zak

---------- Post added May 23rd, 2012 at 10:54 AM ----------

Will never again buy a Computer or any other electronics from them...... I have a PUCK and have tried to get help before and never a solution or help.....

They are off my list.......

Bhtmec2, I am sorry to hear you had a problem and didnt' receive help or a solution. If you would like to send me a PM of your issue, I'll be happy to try and help you. I hope you'll give me a try to reconcile your issues.

Thanks,

Zak

Hi OzGriffo,

You are a lucky guy to get the beta. They promised to send it to me too, but still I got nothing.

Uli

If it turns up. They asked for my email addy to send it to, but since then it's been silence...

Well as an update, they did in fact send me a new RC firmware. For the AI model. (3.05 RC6)

Unfortuantely I have two on the NON AI model, so it's usless to me. I've asked for a version for the non AI model, and so far nothing but silence.

I live in hope :)

Hi all,First I apologize for not being more active here on the board. It has been a very busy 2 quarters with work, with an unusual amount of travel and business. The forementioned has precluded me from being overly involved on the board. I am also not a computer engineer so I don't have the answers to many of the questions re: computers that are presented here. I spoke with VP of Mares WW and he suggested (as did pumuckle) to post an issue you have re: the computers on the Mares FB page. Our HQ in Italy is engaged daily on FB. I think you will find some solutions, answers, and better help re: the computers there. Also, if you are in N.America, you can also submit an email with a question or problem re: computers specifically to Brad at 51divwar@us.mares.com. Outside of N. America, I believe the FB page will be best.I am going to make a stronger effort to have a quicker response here on the board and will do my best to help as many as possible. Best regards,Zak

---------- Post added May 23rd, 2012 at 10:54 AM ----------

Bhtmec2, I am sorry to hear you had a problem and didnt' receive help or a solution. If you would like to send me a PM of your issue, I'll be happy to try and help you. I hope you'll give me a try to reconcile your issues.

Thanks,

Zak

Zak

Thanks, I understand that you are busy but after over a year + I just purchased a real Computer that will do what I needed to do for future diving goals and has real Company support. Not your problem but is a problem from the company. My Shearwater is working great and covers my Tech Deep diving needs now so the PUCK was put in the box of un-used gear. It would have been great to pass on to the daughter but that is what happens in life.
Regards BHTMEC2

@ IconHD Netready Users

The new beta fixes the time Bug. But there is no advanced functionality. Power consumption still on high level (5%/day) while the comp is locked.
Beta is only for the AI modell. I don't knew whether they offer a new firmware for non-AI Icon.

Uli

Back
Top Bottom