Do NOT do any business with EZ SCUBA in Tampa

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I personally wouldn't scub a dive in 20fsw for lac of a spair 2nd stage but, thats just me. :wink:

Just to put in my 2 cents - by the way, msscuba, thanks for the credit as "VERY" experienced but I think that's debatable :)

At any rate, our max depth on that one was 15', and with two buddies I didn't consider this much of a risk. We ran about 300 psi dealing with the freeflow, and then I managed to get it stopped. And it DID still work; but given its tendency to resume freeflowing when used, she used the octo and had the normal reg as a backup, should it have been needed. Remember, you CAN breathe from a freeflowing reg, should it be necessary.

Anyway, glad to see everyone's happy and I, for one, was impressed with the dive! Having attempted this dive repeatedly but scrubbed it each time for weather reasons, I was thrilled to get out there.

Happy diving!

They only do that in the keys when treasure hunting, didn't you see that movie :popcorn:

LOL - I was totally into that movie until that scene....though I suppose there will be some who have, this is a skill I definitely haven't mastered...:)

.......she used the octo and had the normal reg as a backup, should it have been needed...........

Thanks for posting this. This makes a big difference. Glad to hear you finally got to make the dive.

Also I informed him of how much weight I had use in the past the equipment and where I have dived, told him I was going to use a dive skin only, not a wet suit. With the information I gave me he concluded that I would need a total of 30lb to do the dive on the 18th to Spanish Rocks...

It seems that something has been stated as fact when it is actually not. I did not tell her to use all of the weight when using a thin or no wetsuit...

I still can't resolve these two statements.

I still can't resolve these two statements.

I did not want to respond to this anymore but I feel I have to. I made it clear to you(Eric) what I would be wearing and how much weight I had used in the past in the springs, you DID tell me to use 30lb you sold me the additional weights so that I can reach that amount. I was not upset before just disappointed but now I'm upset at your denial. Not good for business to lie.

LOL - I was totally into that movie until that scene....though I suppose there will be some who have, this is a skill I definitely haven't mastered...:)

The best part of that movie was the begining 20 minutes.

No the best part of that movie was Jessica Alba. If we are talking about the same movie. I'd watch a movie about paint drying if she were in it dressed like that.

Megan Heany Grier did Jessica Alba's underwater stunt work and wow, what a body she has! :lotsalove: But yeah, Jessica is all woman. BTW, Jessica is a NAUI diver. :palmtree: Bob

Last edited:
I did not want to respond to this anymore but I feel I have to. I made it clear to you(Eric) what I would be wearing and how much weight I had used in the past in the springs, you DID tell me to use 30lb you sold me the additional weights so that I can reach that amount. I was not upset before just disappointed but now I'm upset at your denial. Not good for business to lie.

I may have missed it but how much weight do you carry for spring (fresh water) diving? Or, to ask a bit differently, how much additional weight was sold to you to get to the total of 30lb. ?

I may have missed it but how much weight do you carry for spring (fresh water) diving? Or, to ask a bit differently, how much additional weight was sold to you to get to the total of 30lb. ?

with a 2.3mil 23lb

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom