Do SSI/NAUI dive operators accept PADI certification?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ben Prusinski

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I am diving next month in BVI with a dive operator who is focused on SSI brand of certification. Do they accept PADI c-cards?

100% yes they will. PADI, NAUI and SSI are on a universal referral system where the certifications of the same level are recognized as equivalent. You can even switch your your training organisations throughout your diving education. So if you do feel like taking more courses you can continue under the PADI system for this trip and then return to the SSI system again in the future.
Happy bubbles!

I am diving next month in BVI with a dive operator who is focused on SSI brand of certification. Do they accept PADI c-cards?

They should, but nobody is required to accept anything. If you're concerned, give them a call.

They will (DiveBVI) - 10 of my 11 friends were PADI on our trip with them.

As far as accepting another agency C-cards are concerned for normal diving, ALL legitimate agencies accept ALL OTHER legitimate agency C-cards. I only use the word "legitimate" because there is at least on scam artist at work. The ones you mention are all well known agencies and not remotely related to scam artists.

As a NAUI dive shop owner the answer is yes. On a side note - PADI is not part of the Universal Referral System, but a lot of PADI places do accept. Be sure to make prior arrangements. Also, not all PADI courses directly correspond to other agencies. Master Diver and Dive Master are two that come to mind.

I would not worry about it at all. (Besides, any Caribbean shop that didn't accept a PADI card would last in business about a week.)

They will (DiveBVI) - 10 of my 11 friends were PADI on our trip with them.

Should be no problem, only a fool wouldn't accept a customer.

Besides if your going Dive BVI the owner was a PADI Course Director prior to switching over to SS

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom